Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NewToo_PowerBI
Regular Visitor

Creating Line and stacked column chart with average calculations

I am trying to compare the average attendance in the league to a single team average attendance for combined years. 

I have confused on what is the shared axis assuming years. Then how to get the double Y axis to calculate. 

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you please share some sample data as well as what the expected outcome would be?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello Gilbert, 

Spoiler

I have to choose the most appropriate visualization to show how the team's (Chicago White Sox) attendance average combined for all years '06-'14) compares with the attendance average of all other teams in the League. 

I assume the League average attendance would exclude the WS. 

I started with two separate visualizations, but I am convince that the line and stacked column chart should do the trick. 

I am thinking the years at the bottom (x-axis) average attendance on Y- axis.  Thes would be stacked column and the WS average attendance would show a line going across the years. 

Hopefully this sample data is enough to work with. Thanks,

How do I send you the sample data?

Hi @NewToo_PowerBI,

Since you have placed "years" on X-axis, "average attendance" on Y-axis, to show a line which represents the average value of WS attendance across the whole year, maybe you need a measure similar to below, and add it to "lines" section of the chart.

WS average attendance =
CALCULATE ( AVERAGE ( Table[WS attendance] ), ALL ( Table[years] ) )

For more advice, please follow this blog to provide more detailed sample data and desired output. 

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there

I could not see any actual data

When replying with the standard reply you can copy and paste a table into the text box which should keep it in the structure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello Gilbert, 

Let me me see if I can provide that for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors