Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IkramElmarksi

Create report in a new workspace based on an App's Data with RLS

Hello 

So based on what I found in the old posts about Workspaces RLS and Apps I resumed that Members(Admins,Members,Contributors) are not affected by RLS my question is : 

What If I created an App with RLS and share it with a person with the right to reuse the App's Data, and he's the contributor in another workspace and he's trying to create a report based on the App's Data, the RLS will be applied in the new workspace since it has no role in the first workspace? 

Thank you so much for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. As far as I can remember from an old test any user with build permission will see all the data. So if the user has permission to build a report from the dataset I would say that RLS won't be applied.

RLS is only for read mode.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. As far as I can remember from an old test any user with build permission will see all the data. So if the user has permission to build a report from the dataset I would say that RLS won't be applied.

RLS is only for read mode.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors