cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vickyd Member

Create and share a report using Free version

Just came across Power BI and find it amazing. I want to do a little pilot with some key folks within the company.  

Can I create a report and share it with them using the free version? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Create and share a report using Free version

hi vickyd,

Short answer "Yes", be sure they are signed up first prior to sharing the dashboard.

long answer: You can use the Pro version for free for 60 days if you want to try out Creating Content packs or groups, etc. (which are other more robust ways to share)

Just sign in with your free account, and you'll be prompted for the 60 trial if you try out one of Pro features.

Pro Trial

Pricing and Features

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

hi vickyd,

Short answer "Yes", be sure they are signed up first prior to sharing the dashboard.

long answer: You can use the Pro version for free for 60 days if you want to try out Creating Content packs or groups, etc. (which are other more robust ways to share)

Just sign in with your free account, and you'll be prompted for the 60 trial if you try out one of Pro features.

Pro Trial

Pricing and Features

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

bebeto Member

Hi,

I can see that I can share my dashboard developed in freee version with other people in the same domain.

Why use the pro version to share a dashboard, which advantages have from free version?

Thanks!

greggyb New Contributor
New Contributor

Pro gives you access to DirectQuery for on-prem RDBMS sources and Azure SQL DB / DW; live explore for SSAS models; Personal Gateway for scheduled refresh against on-prem sources and more frequent refresh; a higher limit of rows/hour for streaming data sources (1M v 10K); and a larger per-user limit for storage in the PBI service (10GB/user).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 407 members 3,678 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: