Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IC_1389

Create a table of contents in Power BI Report Builder (paginated reports)

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to create a table of contents in Power BI Report Builder?

I would like it to look like a regular report. First a title page and then a table of contents like:

Chapter 1 ....................... page 2

Chapter 2 ....................... page 4

Chapter 3 ....................... page 5

Is that possible? 

Cover page,

5 REPLIES 5
navj
Regular Visitor

This is helpful, but how do I insert a Table of Contents into the report so that it prints on the first page (after the cover)? Also, how will this work with multiple sections to the report?

m-colbert
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @IC_1389 

Simply add the button of your choice to your canvas. Based on what you described, blank will work best. Set the text to Chapter 1. Then in the Action settings of the button, turn it on, select page navigation as the type, and then select the page you want to navigate to when the button is clicked. You need to create the page first for it to appear in the drop down. 

If you page is based on other selections, you can write a DAX measure to generate the appropriate page name and use that in the fx instrewad of the selection.

mcolbert_0-1657122253508.png

Hope this helps.

you can not add a button to a paginated report. 

m-colbert
Resolver II
Resolver II

You can use buttons for each chapter with a navigate action to the desired page.

Hope this help!

Hi m-colbert,

Thanks, I'll give that a try! If I make buttons, can I then also add the page number?

Is there an expression to show on which page an object is located:

"Chapter 1" (<-- Ill make this a button) "......................... page " &expression for page number on which "chapter 1" is located?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors