Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AmandaSoborg
Helper I
Helper I

Create a content pack with data from Salesforce

Hej everyone.

If i get my data from SalesForce, and i then decide to create a content pack within my organization, who can see the data? Is it the entire organization, or is it just the people who have acces to the data from SalesForce? And when you publish a content pack, can you then find it in the 'Apps' or is it placed somewhere else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AmandaSoborg,

Is it the entire organization, or is it just the people who have acces to the data from SalesForce?

Each organization member can browse or search for content packs. All members of the group have the same read-only access to the content pack data, reports, workbooks, and dashboards.

And when you publish a content pack, can you then find it in the 'Apps' or is it placed somewhere else?

Publishing an organizational content pack adds it to AppSource. To view AppSource, select Get Data > My Organization > Get.

For more details, please see: Intro to organizational content packs in Power BI

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AmandaSoborg,

Is it the entire organization, or is it just the people who have acces to the data from SalesForce?

Each organization member can browse or search for content packs. All members of the group have the same read-only access to the content pack data, reports, workbooks, and dashboards.

And when you publish a content pack, can you then find it in the 'Apps' or is it placed somewhere else?

Publishing an organizational content pack adds it to AppSource. To view AppSource, select Get Data > My Organization > Get.

For more details, please see: Intro to organizational content packs in Power BI

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors