Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NickzNickz_BI
Helper I
Helper I

Create Dataflow Pro Workspace by Premium Account

Hi...

Currently, I have Premium Account to manage the dataflow, report and paginated report....

For some reason, we need to create a dataflow with auto refresh functionality for the pro user in the future.

My question:

1) Can I use my premium account to create a pro dataflow?

2) If yes, how can I achieve it? ... 

3) What are the limits?

4) Can I use my existing dataflow premium and copy it to dataflow pro? At least I can save time to create the same structure and maintain the autorefresh capability. 

Other than that, is there any advice/recommendation for me to take into account?

Regards,

NickzNickz_BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @NickzNickz_BI ,

if you are mentioning, "... I have Premium account ... " I assume that you are referring to a Premium Per User license (PPU). If this assumption is correct, then you can use your account to create a dataflow. Just create/import the dataflow inside a Pro workspace. The PPU license enables more capable features per workspace. It does not limit you to providing content for PPU workspaces only.

The same is valid if you are referring to a Premium Per Capacity (PPC). You can also create artifacts like dataflows for PRO workspaces.

No matter what, you have to be aware that linked and computed entities are only supported if these dataflows are in a workspace that is backed by Premium licensing (PPU or PPC).

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @NickzNickz_BI ,

if you are mentioning, "... I have Premium account ... " I assume that you are referring to a Premium Per User license (PPU). If this assumption is correct, then you can use your account to create a dataflow. Just create/import the dataflow inside a Pro workspace. The PPU license enables more capable features per workspace. It does not limit you to providing content for PPU workspaces only.

The same is valid if you are referring to a Premium Per Capacity (PPC). You can also create artifacts like dataflows for PRO workspaces.

No matter what, you have to be aware that linked and computed entities are only supported if these dataflows are in a workspace that is backed by Premium licensing (PPU or PPC).

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Dear @TomMartens ,

if you are mentioning, "... I have Premium account ... " I assume that you are referring to a Premium Per User license (PPU). >>> Yes. Permium Per User

After I make changes, I can use Power BI Pro Trial to test as long as the pro trial doesn't come with Premium features.

Thank you for your explanation ...

Regards,

NickzNickz_BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors