Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TomasHussey
Regular Visitor

Create Dashboard Permission

Hi all,

Is there a way to allow a member of an app workspace to create a dashboard but without giving the permission to edit the report? I don’t want them to have access to the dataset/fields or to modify the report.

In my experience our clients want to have the ability to create their own dashboards by just pinning some visuals with specific selections from reports instead of asking us to develop them. With various clients and reports it makes the dashboard creating activity too complicated.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I don't believe so.

View solution in original post

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @TomasHussey,

Creating a dashboard is a creator feature and requires edit permissions to the report. It is not possible to grant workspace members with dashboard edit permission, while have no edit permission to reports.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @TomasHussey,

Creating a dashboard is a creator feature and requires edit permissions to the report. It is not possible to grant workspace members with dashboard edit permission, while have no edit permission to reports.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your reply, but I think this is not solving my issue. Once I share the content pack with the clients and they copy the reports/dashobards they have full access to the dataset/fields. 

My objective is to give them permission only to Pin existing visuals from reports to dashboard, I dont want them to have access to edit the report.

is there a way to do that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I don't believe so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors