Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Azure Devops BurnDown chart in PowerBI

Hi All,

I am Trying to create ADO Burn Down chart in PowerBI (By Features) but looks like i am missing the logic. The Screenshot below has Plot burndown by iterations

My Data set has features that are not connect to a fixed iteration but in ADO Burndown widget is able to get the data without the need to assign a feature to a Sprint, when i try using the below query i am unable to replicate the same in PowerBI. Can someone please assistUntitled.png

let
Source = OData.Feed ("https://analytics.dev.azure.com/{organization}/{project}/_odata/v3.0-preview/WorkItemSnapshot? "
&"$apply=filter( "
&"WorkItemType eq 'User Story' "
&"and startswith(Area/AreaPath,'{areapath}') "
&"and StateCategory ne 'Completed' "
&"and DateValue ge Iteration/StartDate "
&"and DateValue le Iteration/EndDate "
&"and Iteration/StartDate le now() "
&"and Iteration/EndDate ge now() "
&") "
&"/groupby( "
&"(DateValue,State,WorkItemType,Priority,Area/AreaPath,Iteration/IterationPath), "
&"aggregate($count as Count, StoryPoints with sum as TotalStoryPoints) "
&") "
,null, [Implementation="2.0",OmitValues = ODataOmitValues.Nulls,ODataVersion = 4])
in
Source

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Each query contains the following strings that you must substitute with your values. Don't include brackets {} with your substitution. For example if your organization name is "Fabrikam", replace {organization} with Fabrikam, not {Fabrikam}.

• {organization} - Your organization name
  • {project} - Your team project name, or omit "/{project}" entirely, for a cross-project query
  • {areapath} - Your Area Path. Example format: Project\Level1\Level2vxulinmstf_0-1627007893224.png

Please refer:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/report/powerbi/sample-boards-sprintburndown?view=azure-devops&tabs=powerbi

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Each query contains the following strings that you must substitute with your values. Don't include brackets {} with your substitution. For example if your organization name is "Fabrikam", replace {organization} with Fabrikam, not {Fabrikam}.

• {organization} - Your organization name
  • {project} - Your team project name, or omit "/{project}" entirely, for a cross-project query
  • {areapath} - Your Area Path. Example format: Project\Level1\Level2vxulinmstf_0-1627007893224.png

Please refer:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/report/powerbi/sample-boards-sprintburndown?view=azure-devops&tabs=powerbi

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Hi @Anonymous

Is your issue solved?

If the issue has been solved, please adopt the solution to help others.

Best Regards,

Link

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Link,

Yes, i have done all that, i am using with query but replaced all the value accordingly but i am unable to create a burndown report in PowerBI with the query (after replaing variables with my or details).

wanted to check and see if anyone has created the Burndown report in PowerBI sucessfully.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors