Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chaitu927
Helper I
Helper I

Create App in powerBI for customers outside organization (custom visualization and CRM data)

I have created a custom visualization in Power BI. I want to connect this to CRM data (streaming) to make an app which can be shared with customers (outside organizations). Is this possible? 

Should the custom visualization be published in marketplace for me to bundle it in PBI app?

It will be great if you can guide me on how I can create streaming data service (from CRM) to be used in custom visualization. Do I use flows/api to connect CRM to Power BI custom visualization?

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chaitu927

you could create an App Workplace and connect to App from online service, then publish apps, share apps with exterbal users.

6.png

Reference:

Create app workspaces in Power BI

Publish apps with dashboards and reports in Power BI

Distribute Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B

Should the custom visualization be published in marketplace for me to bundle it in PBI app?

Do you mean if you can use customer visuals in an App?

you could import customer visual from files or market place, besides it is important to enable the organization visuals tab in power bi admin center to deploy and manage custom visuals.

Reference:

Custom visuals in Power BI

Power BI admin portal-organization visuals

create streaming data service

reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors