Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arathore
Frequent Visitor

Couldn't load the schema for the database model

Hi,

I got my Power BI gateway setup and got a live connection to SSAS tabular model. I can see the gateway is running and data is getting refreshed hourly.

I created my first report in PBI desktop and published it on PBI service. I am getting an error accessing the dataset. 

1)First screenshot shows the error when I try to connect to SSAS through 'Get Data' feature.

It gives error "PowerBIErrorCode: DMTS_MonikerNotFoundError".

2)The second screenshot is when I go to my workspace and try to access my dataset/report.

It gives error "There was a data source access error. Please contact the gateway administrator"

I checked my UPN name. It matched with my username and it should not be an issue. Other thing is I am on Power BI Pro Trial version which was one of the answers suggested by user community, but I am not sure if it is the issue. Reason being, when I user an excel sheet data, and create a report in power bi desktop and publish it, it does not give any error.

Can someone please help me out ? 'get data' from SSAS'get data' from SSASerror in published  reporterror in published report

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @arathore,

Could you go to check the Dataset Settings, and the Data Source Settings under Manage Gateways for the issue dataset to see if there are any errors and post the errors here? (Do mask sensitive data before sharing) Smiley Happy

settings.PNG

Regards

it seems like my gateway is connected to the data source and is running fine as refresh is successful.

error in settings 3.png

error to access gateway 2.png

When I am publishing the report, I see this error. Why the data source is unable to connect the gateway

publish error.png

Hi @arathore,

It's so weird to me. Smiley Mad The schedule refresh is successful, however, both the error messages just indicate that you haven't add your data source to your gateway.

Are these screenshots posted above for the same report/dataset? If there is any possibility that you're using a different data source(or added some new data sources i.e. an Excel file which also need be added to the gateway) in the new published report? Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

I am using SSAS tabular model and not excel sheet data. I was wondering if this is a gateway compatibilty issue. My Power Bi desktop was last installed in Jul 2017, while my gateway was installed in Sep 2017. Can updating the desktop version solve the issue ?

Hi @arathore,

Can updating the desktop version solve the issue ?

Honestly, I'm not sure if updating could solve the issue. But it's worth a try to update both Power BI Desktop and the Gateway to the latest version to see if it helps. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors