Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

djohnson
Advocate I
Advocate I

Couldn't load the schema for the database model

Anyone else experiencing this bit of PowerBI "classyness" today?

We couldn't retrieve the data model for this report. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDbd8e8bf9-2d7e-4397-9ad9-b6a68fe80b50
TimeThu Jun 30 2016 11:00:43 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Correlation IDca5ee8aa-ffe7-3ff6-52e1-85a1e3a733d2
Version13.0.1500.307

13 REPLIES 13
Jancarlos_Acuña
Regular Visitor

alguien pudo resolverlo aun con el upn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am also facing the similar issue. the Gateway service is on. But on the Power BI service it shows offline. I have used Live Connect option to get data from Tabular Service to Power BI. Any Help would be much appreciated!

RobertP
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue and I have tried everything.

I have the gateway to my Analytics Server and the gateway and datasource says everything is ok.

I create the report in BI Desktop and publish it to our BI site without errors.

When I try to open the report i get the message:

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID29564442-1edd-4598-b2c9-2d4eec326fe9

Request ID5ee3790b-768a-8a88-0b01-8844d6a50514

Correlation ID942175ff-07d6-178b-eeab-559224b10cca

TimeThu Dec 21 2017 16:31:12 GMT+0100 (Central Europe Standard Time)

Version13.0.3495.209

Cluster URIhttps://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

RobertP
Regular Visitor

SunilGudipati
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I am also getting same kind of issue. Please see the following details. Please help on this.

We couldn't retrieve the data model for this report. Please try again later.

Activity ID94d70ccc-5ba8-4165-bb8a-d05366c0bef9
Request ID18ed59fb-3810-ab17-f870-57f43700336a
Correlation ID51f1c66c-5211-6136-e32f-441927f8cb11
TimeThu Jun 29 2017 19:31:55 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Version13.0.1781.234

Thank you

Sunil

Hi,

I have been getting a similar error. I am running an instance of SSAS Tabular on my local machine and have tried to set up both a personal and an enterprise data gateway to it, but no matter what I do my Power Bi report fails. I have tried mapping the UPN as Adam describes but it still does not work. Any guidance anyone could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

I have the exact same issue. Changing UPN does not work.  I am the owner of power bi gateway and  this report. I also have access to the dataset from Power BI desktop. Is this an issue with RLS in SSAS tabular model ?

It was not a RLS issue. my SSAS was unable to connect to Power Bi. Fixing the connection on SSAS side made it work.

aineslider
Frequent Visitor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this is the solution. The UPN account in your local AD.

andrewnzinuk
Frequent Visitor

Same problem - come in today and the service account was locked for instance of analysis services and get messages about :

You don't have permission to view this report because the owner has set row-level security (RLS) on the data model. Please contact the report owner. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

No RLS has been enabled. What is going on!!!!

Cheers

Andrew
aineslider
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem, my scenario is:

SQL 2014 Enterprise with Analysis Services MD.

ADW2012 databse DW and cubes.

On-Premises data gateway installed and running.

gateway connect in the cloud (website) and running.

The effective user is administrator to Analysis Services.

I build simple chart with powerBI desktop wirh live connection to SQL 2014 and working well, on the bottom right shows live connection: Connected

The problem is when I share the report to the cloud, always show this error.

We couldn't retrieve the data model for this report

No se puede cargar el esquema de modelo asociado a este informe. Asegúrese de disponer de conexión al servidor e inténtelo de nuevo.
Vuelva a intentarlo más tarde o póngase en contacto con el soporte técnico. Proporcione estos detalles si se pone en contacto con ellos.

Identificador de actividadd75b418f-34be-47c0-a855-39b28f1e7e9b
HoraFri Jul 22 2016 12:51:17 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance)
Id. de correlación35b545f4-0bbf-ec0f-d6a0-f4f500946869
Versión13.0.1500.472

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @djohnson,

Could you please describe more details about your scenario? We need to know that what is your data source and the operation you take in Power BI when the error occurs.

Based on the above error message, please verify that if your data source is removed, renamed, moved, offline. Make sure that the source is still in the original location and you have permission to access it.  There is also an article about troubleshooting the similar error for your reference.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors