Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

blackshep01
Frequent Visitor

Couldn't load the schema for the database model

My user gets this error when I share a dashboard with them.  The are outside the organization.  Do they need to have a Power BI Pro licence?  Please help.

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID4d94e96a-98c7-4c5a-915c-85b4c7ee04c6
Request ID5ae513f7-b24d-c694-7a5b-e39503f247a6
Correlation ID9e0b8a52-a42a-713a-53e8-981073e4052f
TimeThu Mar 23 2017 12:23:42 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.1501

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solved!  The reason why you are getting that error is because you sent a dashboard with "Pro" content to someone who does not have a "Pro" license.  https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-power-bi-pro-content-what-is-it/

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
navinrangar
Advocate I
Advocate I

i was using 'window authentication' in my gateway datasource in powerbi. however I didn't have password in my PC so I was seeing this error. Also, I had checked 'skip test connection' because 'test connection' requires password.

What did I do?

1. firstly, I setup a password on my windows pc.

2. secondly I selected 'window authentication' and entered my window PC name and password and keep 'skip test connection' unchecked.

I was using datagateway for directquery, and I also kept 'sso via kubernet' things unchecked. they might cause problems sometimes.

gonesoft

Uncheck the option: "Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery" in "Data Source Credential". To learn more and see picture where its located: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-azure-sql-database-with-direct-connec... 

adamwallace3
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am getting the same error with embedded reports using Azure AS. None of the solutions above are viable for me 

Do your users have a Pro license? 

I solved my problem. I guess you can't use embedded with Azure AS yet

jingaling520

Hi there, 

I have the same problem with my dashboard sharing with my client. Have you figure out how to solve this? Can anybody give a hint? I used SQL server as my data source and I did not see user map options either.

Thanks!

Solved!  The reason why you are getting that error is because you sent a dashboard with "Pro" content to someone who does not have a "Pro" license.  https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-power-bi-pro-content-what-is-it/

I've been having the same issue with multiple dashboards I have shared with our clients, who are outside the organization.

In one case, the users had signed up for the free 60 day trial of Power BI Pro and get the message:

Couldn't Load the Schema for the Database Model.

In another case, the user's Power BI Pro trial expired, but they now have a subscription to Power BI Pro and still get the same error message (effectively, what appears to be a security issue from scanning other posts).

Some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

blackshep01
Frequent Visitor

I get this error when I share this dashboard outside my organization.  Do they need to have a BI Pro Licence?

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDc0229046-ff5e-4ddd-bb71-2088cb2bc6d7
Request ID02eba4de-aaed-553f-c63a-2192eefac90b
Correlation IDc12e1da1-b596-274a-9a95-b2884335973b
TimeThu Mar 23 2017 11:57:17 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.1501

@blackshep01

As per the online documentation

You can’t share dashboards that contain Power BI Pro content with external users who have a Power BI Pro trial license. They need regular Power BI Pro licenses to access those dashboards. What is Power BI Pro content? 

As to the error, what tiles are in that dashboard? The errors seems specific for UPN mismatching when connecting to SQL Server Analysis Service.

Hello, I am having this same issue as above, but have a power BI pro license. 

I am connecting to a Cube Model, and publishing dashboards to the Power BI workspace. 

This only happens for 1 specific workspace with one of our companies 2 cube models, there must be other reasons for this happening then the Power BI Pro licence. 

Thanks, 

I have tiles from a SQL Server data source.  Please see the images below.  I have this data source setup as SQL Server.  I read the article on "Mapping the UPN".  There is nothing to map a UPN in powerbi.com.  

How the data source is setupHow the data source is setupUsers.  There is nothing to map the UPNUsers. There is nothing to map the UPNIndividual outside my organization errorIndividual outside my organization error

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors