Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidKress
Frequent Visitor

Couldn't load the model schema - see details

I have Power BI dashboard which I am sharing with a SG, some users can view the dashboard while others get the message "Couldn't load the model scheme - see details."  Upon clicking see details the underlying error code is -1053163359 and the underlying error message is "Tabular metadata and DAX queries are not supported when there is cell security defined for this session.  Please contact your admistrator for more information".

What is puzzling is some users I have shared with can see the dashboard while other users get this error. 

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi DavidKress,

Could you please share some details about the data source?

Just from the error message you shared here, I suspect the data source should be SSAS live data, and this should be related with the Role Level Security configured at the SSAS server.

We may take use of SQL server Profiler to check the access trace at the data source side.

Please post back if you need any further assistance on this topic.

Regards

Thanks Michael.  Yes the data source is SAAS live data and yesterday we traced it back to what you identified.  We implemented a new level of security on cube based on a new SG such that it prevented mass users from accessing certain restricted measures in the cube.  While the Power BI Dashboard does not show any of those restricted measures, it nonetheless seems that every user not a member of this new SG cannot see the Dashboard at all.  The oddity is those mass users can still access the cube itself and view/refresh power pivots and the like, yet cannot view the Dashboard

Hi David,

Have you checked this article?

Tutorial: Dynamic row level security with Analysis services tabular mode

See if this would help to setup the RLS correctly.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors