Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't load the model schema - Publishing report using Azure AnalysisServices with live connection

When I am trying to publish a Report connecting to Azure analysis services with live connection as a datasource.I see report published as successful but I am seeing the following error  "Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again" when I am trying to open the report or dataset published in cloud.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous Did you create a data source on an (Enterprise) On Premises Gateway to the SSAS model? Did you assign your user as a valid user to that datasource? Do the names in your connection in the report match that of the datasource? All these need to be done in order to have the data sources sync.

In addition, you need to ensure that you email you log into Power BI Service with, matches your UPN (User Principle Name) of your domain credentials, because with a live connection Power BI is passing your creds back to authenticate against the SSAS server. (which you would also need at least read permissions to).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seth,

Thank you for replying !

My data source(Tabular model) is in cloud, so I assume On Premise Gateway is not required.I was able to publish the report in Import mode successfully and able to view the report in portal where as Live connection to Azure analysis services is erroring out.

Please help me if there is a way to get this issue resolved.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous

Do you connect to Azure Analysis Services in Power BI? If so, gateway is not required when your dataset only contains the Azure Analysis Services data source.
After you publish the PBIX file to Power BI Service, you will find that Power BI Service connects directly to your data source.

When you connect to SSAS which is installed in Azure VM and refresh this dataset, gateway is required.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors