Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexCrane
Frequent Visitor

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Hi,

I have a dataset which connects live to an on-premise database via the gateway. As of today (8/12/2016), some visuals in some reports are not working, but they arle working in Desktop. Some visuals are cards, others are charts. The error message is below. Is anyone able help/shed light on this issue?

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID8c9da319-0170-43ef-94df-e06a5f0c7c62
Request ID28bb1586-5e8b-4af7-837e-ec20b3e7e661
Correlation IDc7d0d047-283b-2cd0-d989-554f9ab66079
TimeThu Dec 08 2016 16:32:41 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.761

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlexCrane @ukeasyproj @elainam,

As mentioned in Power BI Support,  users with Direct Query datasets for which they have defined calculated columns and then measures using those calculated columns will experience errors for any visuals using those measures. Engineers have identified the issue and are currently working on a fix.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

is this really going to take until 19/12/2016 to fix?!

Hi @AlexCrane

Please take a look at the update time in the support site. When this issue is solved, it will be removed from support site.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there an update on when this will be resolved please? The "ticket" has been updated 3-4 times now with no new information - just a new update date. It's been almost 10 days.

Can someone please give us an ETA?

Hi @AlexCrane,

Do your visuals render properly? I got information internally that this issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Lydia Zhang

Hey Lydia,

I stumbled upon this post because I'm experiencing the same thing.  I have a matrix view with four or five calculated measures on a moderately sized dataset (~50k rows).  The visualization renders fine (although it takes a minute or two) on Power BI Desktop, but fails to render on the Power BI web service.

I can't speak for the original post, but I can't verify that this issue has been resolved.

Dan Malagari
Consultant at Headspring
elainam
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue! 

Just to add: this is in Direct Query mode

I have the same issue, some visuals load, but others don't on DQ mode using power bi online

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors