Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Aroth
Advocate II
Advocate II

Couldn't load the data for this visual only for one visual

Hello All, 

I created a report that is shared to a large amount of person with RLS. It's updating every month and everything was doing well until today. 

One of the person that is using this report limited with RLS can't suddenly see ONE table diplaying on a page with a lots of other visual. 

In this visual that is not working is written an "X" with "Can't diplay the visual". What is weird is that this table is just summarizing the data displaying in charts (that he can see) in this same worksheet. It means that this table is not containing any new measures.

How is it possible that he can't see anymore this visual while he can see every other visual with the same information in it ?

The exact message he sees when he select "see details" is :

Could'nt load the data for this visual 
Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later. 

Please try again later or contact the support.

Any help or answer would be appreciate as I don't have any idea of where it can came from....

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aroth,

Did you modify source data type of this visual? If you recreate a visual with same columns, does it works?

In addition, If the issue only appears on specific users, it may caused by cache files, perhaps you can ask him to clean up it and try again.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

Thank you both for your answer.

I already tried to recreate the visual with the same column and it doesn't worked.

So folowing your advice I remove the cache directly on the "Options" Section in Power Bi desktop and load the report online again.
I just asked the specific user to then "refresh" his page.=> Is that what you mean by "clean up" the cache ? Or how could he do it himself?

Thanks, 

Alix

Hi @Aroth,

I just want these users test with another web browser and try to clean up cache files of browsers.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there, have you clicked on the "Refresh" button in the report. This will cause the cache for the report to be removed and reloaded from the data model.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors