Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Davelli0331
Frequent Visitor

Couldn't load the data for this visual for only one user

I'm struggling with an issue and wondering if someone has run into something similar.  We have a report that connects to an on-prem SSAS tabular model through an enterprise gateway.  The report is published as an app.  Everyone with access is able to load the app fine except for one user, who receives the following error:

"Power BI couldn't load the data for this visual because it isn't in the right format. Please contact the dashboard owner."

The user has a Power BI Pro license.  The SSAS tabular model has RLS, which is managed via AD groups.  The user has been added to the appropriate AD group, and I have verified that group belongs to a role in the tabular model.  The role in the tabular model has no row filters and does not exclude any tables or columns.

The user has permissions to the app on the Power BI service.  I also tried giving them read permission on the underlying report, same error when they try to load just the report.  Other users in the AD group are able to load dashboard and report fine.  I had the user try different browsers, and even tried the Power BI app on his desktop (not Power BI Desktop, just the Power BI app).

Any ideas?  I know it has to be something related to this user but I'm struggling for what else to check.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

What if the user tries another person's PC and logs in with Incognito mode (Chrome) or InPrivate (Edge)?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors