Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't load the data for this visual - Multiple other standard visuals work fine

I have a report in the service which has a couple of pages with a few different visuals such as the standard gauges,tables, and matrixes that come with a power bi report. Most of the pages load fine and diplay the correct data, but one specific table will not load - and is using the same data source as the other visuals that are loading correctly.

I receive the error message below for the table. This is incredibly frustrating because the table that will not load - will load in desktop, will load in the service editor, but will not when using the publish to web link in PBI service.

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Http Status Code400
Activity IDc8fc0b30-ab8e-4f6c-82ee-bb40d7e13a34
Correlation ID0c7e7af8-459f-1e84-1807-40d38bbac856
Request ID60d5cfcc-be40-71f4-4bee-567ef37a3ab5
TimeThu Jul 05 2018 16:05:03 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.5780.159
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd also like to add that I have added multiple filters to the data to narrow down what is displayed. With filters applied, the results should show about 20 vendors.

Hi @Anonymous,

Any RLS setting enabled on this report? If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you to take a look at limitations about publish to web feature:

Publish to web from Power BI

Limitations

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service, however, the following are not currently supported or available with Publish to web:

1. Reports using row level security.
  2. Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
  3. Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.
  4. Reports in a group in which you are not an edit member.
  5. "R" Visuals are not currently supported in Publish to web reports.
  6. Exporting Data from visuals in a report which has been published to the web
  7. ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visuals
  8. Reports containing report-level DAX measures
  9. Secure confidential or proprietary information

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response! No I'm not using RLS or any of the 1-9 mentioned. 

I think a formula I'm using is slowing it down making it not load.

It's literally the only formula in the table. It's an if statement that's weighting different measures based on if they are tier 4 or not. 

Example - if([tier]="Tier 4",

([measure 1]*.1+ [measure 2]*.3 + [measaure 3]*.25 +[measure 4]*.25+ [measure 5]*.25) *.5, 

([measure 1]*.1+ [measure 2]*.3 + [measaure 3]*.25 +[measure 4]*.25+ [measure 5]*.25))

And it's when I add this measure to any table in the report that all the sudden that specific associated visualization cannot load.

HI @Anonymous,

I think this issue should due to your formula, it will bring your visual very heavy workload with loop calculation when visual load data.

For e.g.

Your visual will get additional calculation amount = row count * ( measure 1 calculation + measure 2 calculations +.... + measure 5 calculations)

BTW, if they contain rolling calculation, it will expand to current row + current row-1 +current row -2 +...+ first row.

I'd recommend you to take a look at following links about measure performance:

Optimizing DAX expressions involving multiple measures

Power BI Performance Tips and Techniques

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors