Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tsvetan_BG

Couldn't export to PowerPoint

Hi all,

I have some issues with Power BI report on Service. When I want to export the whole report to PowerPoint it gives me the wrong message:

Tsvetan_BG_0-1611156279200.png

After many tries, I found that only one slide of the current report didn't export. If I hide it - the whole report is exported without any issue. I didn't do any changes to this slide and suddenly it couldn't export to PowerPoint.

Do you have any ideas what might've caused this issue? Is there any filter that denied PPT export on the current slide or not?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
PekkaKytosaho
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

same problem here. Can not export Powerpoint - problem started this week.

In service there is dataset and report made in same desktop file. Export to Powerpoint of that report is working fine.

With other reports done from that same dataset also in in service and same workspace (different language versions) are not working. Reports have only four tabs.

Thank you.

Hello,
What to say?
This issue was solved by itself. I didn't do anything. After a while, everything starts working properly! What was the problem, I am sorry but I can not say!
Try to export slide by slide just to check does it work? If works, most probably will be available soon.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Tsvetan_BG ,

This article explains the limitations Export entire reports to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Docs   But, I have not heard of an ENTIRE export not working because of just one tab.  Do any of the other limitations apply that might be affecting it (like you have 51 tabs and it just so happens that when you hide one, you get back to 50)?

Other options are to try in another browser, try it again and see if there is any difference, perhaps clear your browser cache or even perhaps breaking the file up to smaller chunks?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi@collinq ,

Thanks for your feedback. Actually, I tried your suggestions... opened via Google Chrome, IE, and Mozilla Firefox - nothing changed. It gives the same error. I have 49 slides in my report (hidden and visible together).... I didn't face such an error a month ago (2-3 weeks), didn't change anything in my slides... very strange for me!
This led me that there are new updates run for PBI service.. I do not have any other explanation for this behaviour...

Hey @Tsvetan_BG ,

It may be that something is out of sync.  That is an idea- make sure that Desktop and Gateway and any other bits that you have installed are all at the latest and greatest.  If that doesn't do anything please put in a ticket AND let us know the resolution.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @collinq and thanks!

My desktop version is 2.88.1144.0 64-bit (December 2020) and I suppose it is the latest one. But what is the relation between PPT export possibility and desktop version? PPT export is Service related function, right?

I've already exhausted from "try-to-fix" this issue..

Hi @Tsvetan_BG ,

Yes , as of today that is the latest version 🙂   .  You are right that PPT export is a Service related function.  But, my thinking is that if you have an older version of PBI then what you are publishing is not in "sync" with the behind-the-scenes-data-bits-that-make-things-happen. I was hoping it would be something dramatic like that you are using a year old version of desktop....but, you are not.

I think your next step might be to create a support ticket with Microsoft and have them research with you if there is something unique to you or your tenant.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors