Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Couldn't Load Data for Visual but just a few people.

I went digging in posts to find any possible solution here..  I see it is common error..  

I am seeing this from 3 users out of 10 on 1 or 2 tables on a report.  The others have no issue.  There is no RLS.

It happens for the same 3 users and sometimes 1 table on the report and sometimes 2 tables.

The error is complaining about a CONTAINSROW trying to do something against Text and Integer.  Of course the mix type is a problem..  but it is not a problem for the developer nor 7 out of 10 users.  With no RLS, they should all see the same issue.  

We have checked browsers.. OS..  

Any ideas here?  

I would think any actual data type issue would exist for everyone.. in both tables.. all the time.  or not.

james_batchelor_0-1607636121795.png

thanks 

james

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ok..  quick update.   copy/paste of the table fixed this issue.   granted the table that didn't work was a copy of a table that does work.   

woorking table 1  copy .. paste to table 2 (change measure)... table 2 has issue for some people.  copy table 2 to table 3 no changes..  delete table 2.  issue gone.    

so if anyone sees an object that throws the noted error.. make a copy and see if the copy works.

james

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

They are excel imports.  anything I can tihnk of.. like what you mentioned here.. would be true for all users.  I cannot post anything as it is happening in just this PBX for those few users.  I will add..  since the posting, one user saw this and happened to have edit rights..  and manually removed a dimension from the table and added it back.. and data filled in.   some sort of cache issue?  any browser settings to check?   because I cannot make happen, this will be tough to diagnose.

james

ok..  quick update.   copy/paste of the table fixed this issue.   granted the table that didn't work was a copy of a table that does work.   

woorking table 1  copy .. paste to table 2 (change measure)... table 2 has issue for some people.  copy table 2 to table 3 no changes..  delete table 2.  issue gone.    

so if anyone sees an object that throws the noted error.. make a copy and see if the copy works.

james

Hi @james_batchelor ,

Thanks for sharing these information. It is very helpful. Not sure what caused this problem, it is very werid problem..

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @james_batchelor ,

Yes, your understanding is correct. Since no RLS was applied, everyone should see the same data when didn't apply any filter. The current situation is that some people can view visual content normally, and some people cannot view it normally. This is strange. . . According to the error message, it seems to be a data type conversion problem.

What data source do these table visuals that cannot load data use? Which fields or measures are applied in visuals? If measure is applied, could you please share the corresponding formula? What data type are all applied fields in visuals set? Please provide some sample data(exclude sensitive data). This will be helpful to find the cause of the problem and provide a suitable solution. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors