Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aibatalov
Advocate I
Advocate I

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe while refresh in service

Yesterday all working fine, but today refresh failed in all our reports in PowerBI service (we haven't changed reports since yesterday).

Same error in all reports:

An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'

Reports contains PostgreSQL and web contents datasources.

What can we do to fix this?

41 REPLIES 41
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aibatalov ,

Would you please try to update your gateway to the latest version? You can also refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/dotnet/framework/manifest-definitions-dont-match-refer...

If this post help, please consider accept it as the solution to help other member find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

simonperez200
Regular Visitor

Do you have a solution yet? I'm experiencing the exact same issue.

shubhamamilkant
Helper II
Helper II

Same Issue here as well, any solution ?

aibatalov
Advocate I
Advocate I

My ticket escalated too. Waiting for some solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inform when you get some more details. We have same issue.

ALWI
Frequent Visitor

I have the same setup as @daneri Azure for PostgreSQL, no gataway and the data using Direct Query is not working online.

But, data import refresh is not working. 

My ticket is escalated to the Product Team as well.

Nimai123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello @aibatalov  @daneri  @Anonymous  @neonguyen 

The best possible way to see why this is happening is to open a support ticket for it.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Power BI customers white listing certificate authorities for their applications may experience issues with the Power BI gateway and OData data sources with the message, "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel" due to recent changes in Azure TLS. As a workaround for the gateway issues, customers can refer to the online documentation to download new root certificates and add them to System/Computer Trusted Root Certificate Authorities store on the gateway machines.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue using direct query to an Azure for PostgreSQL db. No users can access the report via PowerBI Service. The connection works fine, and the data refreshes correctly for me as the admin on desktop. 

I am unable to recconect the gateway as @Anonymous suggested: image.png

I have the exact same issue with the exaxt same setup... 

Same setup as you:

Azure for PostgreSQL, no gataway and the data using Direct Query is not working online.

Data using import mode is working.

Sent in a Support Ticket, where they escalated the issue to the Product Team. Will update when I get more info. 

Have you received updates from the Support Team? 

@adriano87 wrote:

Have you received updates from the Support Team? 

They just said that the product team is still investigating, so nothing to report yet.

Since more people are experiencing the same issue, they are prioritizing it at least.

@daneri wrote:

Data using import mode is working.

I'm afraid, for me import mode is working neither ...

@daneri wrote:

Sent in a Support Ticket, where they escalated the issue to the Product Team. Will update when I get more info. 

Does it help if every affected person files in a separate support ticket to raise the priority, or would this only be spam to Microsoft?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even I also got the same error.
To fix this try to reconnect the gateway and again refresh the report. 
Its working for me.

I try to turn off Gateway, but it disable the button... 

image.png

neonguyen
Frequent Visitor

I have same issue with PostgreSQL, How can I do to fix it? Anyone have any suggestion?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

reconnect the gateway and again refresh the report

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm facing the same issue using a Azure PostgreSQL!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. Using PostgreSQL data. 

AWILLIM

I have the same issue. All reports are affected. Yesterday evening worked all fine.

Reports contains PostgreSQL

daneri
Regular Visitor

I'm in the same situation.

Datasource updates once a week and have not been changed in some time -> Today it failes with the same error as OP.

Edit: Also using PostgreSql Azure Paas

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors