Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Baconbomb
Helper I
Helper I

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.PowerBI.AdomdClient

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.PowerBI.AdomdClient, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This is only when updating throught the service. From the desktop everything is working fine.

Gateway is updated to latest.

10 REPLIES 10
PakthurYangu
Helper I
Helper I

I wasted a few days looking for a solution until I came across this article.

In short, you have to install MSOLAPAMO, and ADOMD clients in all gateways machine (and also update gateway to the latest version). The article I linked has a more detailed step-by-step guide.

chris_staines
Frequent Visitor

That's good to know, thank you.

I ended up uninstalling the gateway and installing the previous version again as a work-around, but will retry the newest version this weekend.

PowerBIPerson42
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here since updating - all scheduled refreshes stopped working giving errors about not finding a table (the table it can't find seems to change as I repeatedly try refreshing and adjusting settings). Refreshing works fine in the desktop version.

I am having the same issue after updating the Personal gateway.

After restarting the gateway, this error no longer occurred and I was able to refresh my datasets.

Agreed that it's working now - for me at least. I had tried restarting the gateway yesterday (under Service Settings) with no effect. When restarting today the manual refresh worked fine. Haven't tested a scheduled refresh.

ElNilsen

Having the same error after updating the personal gateway today. 

Khizz68
Frequent Visitor

@Baconbomb , I am also facing the same issue after updating the gateway

icervo

@Baconbomb Having the same problem here. Please if you find the solution, share with us!

chris_staines
Frequent Visitor

HI,

I am experiencing the same issue, looks to have been just after I updated the personal gateway.

Does anyone have experience of rolling back to an earlier  version of the gateway software?

Thanks,

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors