Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could not load data for the Visual in Power BI Service

In Power BI Service visual for one of my calculated column is not getting loaded. It is giving the following error:

"The query referenced calculated column 'RequestCountPerUser'[HourTime] which does not hold any data because evaluation of one of the rows caused an error."

Here, HourTime is the calculated column that basically calculate the Time from the TimeStamp column.

Note: The visual works in Power Bi desktop when Model is refreshed. The issue is pertinent only to the Power BI Service. Even in Power Bi Service the Visual works when the Model is published, the issue appears when the Model is refreshed.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Piotrrekk
Frequent Visitor

same error here, anyone have a solution?

In my case i had a calculated column, that was breaking the refresh of report in PB service.

I delete the calculated column and that fixed the problem.

Hope it help in your case!

Hi Jrubio93,
I guess your solution would work for me, but the calculated column is actually required.
Were you able to find a way to create calculated column?

i just imported that column, instead of creating a copy ' calculated column'. 
Could it work for you creating a Dax or a measure?

hi Jrubio93,
The interesting fact is that I'm able to create measure and it's not resulting with error. Unfortunately it's not possible to use Measure in X or Y axis, so still column is required. Another issue is that I'm not able to create column on query editor as I don't have access to source data:( Issue remain open for me 😞

Jrubio93
Frequent Visitor

Getting same error over here too. Any idea how to fix it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Hi,

Did you find a solution to this? I am also getting the same error

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I didn't find the solution but I resolved the issue by creating a table with single column named HourTime and creating relationships among other tables.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the reply.

I resolved the issue by adding tha same calculated column in the query level

Regards,

Maddy

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

I have had a test based on your scenario, but I cannot reproduce your issue.

What data source do you connect?

Have you changed something before refreshed? 

In addition, maybe this is a temporary issue, please refresh your browser and load again.

If you still have this issue, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors