Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amien
Helper IV
Helper IV

Costs of PowerBI Cloud

Can someone explain what are the costs for PowerBI Cloud?

I know this site : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

* Power BI Free  : 1GB per user per month (and 250 per data model) : 0 dollar

* Power BI Pro : 10GB  per user per month (and 250 per data model) : 10 dollar

So this would mean if i have 25 users, it would cost 25 x 10 dollar = 250 dollar per month.

are there any additional costs? for O365 for example?

4 REPLIES 4
djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes. Only $250 if you are comparing it to Tableau or Qlik. Unbelievable value for money.

@amien In addition to what @Greg_Deckler said there are other Office365 components that you would need in order to fully support all the features for Power BI Groups. (Exchange, One Drive for Business) - but are not required for using Power BI.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Just adding on to the answers from @Greg_Deckler and @Seth_C_Bauer.

Basic Azure AD is free with Power BI. If you just want to get Power BI Pro licenses, the $250 / month in your example is the total cost. As @Seth_C_Bauer said, some components are integrations with O365, and anything that depends on O365 will require an O365 license.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Power BI does require an Azure AD account to authenticate to so you need to have an Azure account or Office 365 tenant setup. I am not entirely clear on the costs for must having a basic Azure account stood up solely for Azure AD accounts to sit in, but my guess is that would be your least expensive route.

BTW, yes, $250 per month and it requires an annual subscription and I believe you pay for that up front (don't quote me, I'm not a licensing expert, Microsoft has people whose actual title is "Licensing Expert").

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors