Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vhello
Frequent Visitor

Cortana Integration service nor working

I saw other posts with this issues. But I've followed all the correct steps and I can confirm this service worked couple months ago.

It stopped working when I try to access any Power BI dataset from Cortana.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Helen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Guys, 

We have been facing similar issues with Power BI Service and Cortana Integration for the last few days.

Background 

• Reports and Cortana Cards that were previously working are no more accessible through Cortana on Desktop or through the Test Page https://app.powerbi.com/cortana/test
  • We have followed all articles recommended here and other blogs but still can get it to work
  • Running Windows 10 with PowerBI Desktop August 2018 Release
  • Reports Published to PowerBI.com
  • All recommendation and settings for Cortana Integration with Power BI have been completed. It was working previously but now has stopped after we deleted all reports with Cortana Cards from powerbi.com and republished them

My Issues needing expert suggestions:

1. When you upload a Report with Cortana Card to PowerBI.com, how long does it take before Cortana on Desktop can read it
  2. What does cortana use for serching a report i.e. the Report name, The Page Name or the words in Page Desription?  
  3. Why do some reports / visuals appear in Cortana Window and others open in a Browser? 
  4. Once a change is made on PowerBI.com to the Report, how long does cortana take to read and recognize this change e.g. I changed the Page Name and even after 24 hours the search with the page name returns nothing. 
  5. Can Cortana be Integrated with Q&A i.e. if I ask Cortana a Q&A question, can that be passed to Power BI Q&A for dynamic Report / Visuals without a pre existing Cortana Card built? 

I would really appreciate some help as we have been battling this issue for few days now. 

Thank you

ajvillamar

Is it avalaible in spanish for Cortana Power BI query?.

jameslo30
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi Helen,

Are you logged into your Microsoft Account / Work Account via Accounts in Windows 10?

James

Yes, I think I did everything right.

Have you tried killing Cortana by the Task Manager? - BI Reports don't refresh until Cortana restarts. Give that a try.

Rephrase that - Cortana doesn't read new BI Reports until a logoff, or task kill.

Does the report have Q&A in the pages? - Is the dataset set to allow Cortana?

Rephrase that - Cortana doesn't read new BI Reports until a logoff, or task kill.

- Yes I've tried that. As well as restarting my computer

Does the report have Q&A in the pages? - Is the dataset set to allow Cortana?

- I did pin a report to the dashboard. I can use the Q&A but I'm seeing:

We weren't able to load suggestions right now. Please try again later.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors