Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zsuzsannaehl
Regular Visitor

Copy data set

I share the data set using content pack with the users. The user, to be able to create a report, must say, 'make a copy' of the data set. Is this considered to be customization of the data set or if I change the data set, will the user see my changes? Will this copy also be refreshed when the original data set is refreshed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Read my post on the topic here. http://exceleratorbi.com.au/top-tips-for-sharing-content-using-power-bi/

The data set is not changed, just copied. 

I believe the copies will be refreshed with new data, but you should test to confirm. 

Design changes you make you make to the original will not flow to the copy

if you remove access for the user to the original, the copy will be deleted. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yx

Hello there, does anyone know how to duplicate a streaming dataset?

Thank you

Read my post on the topic here. http://exceleratorbi.com.au/top-tips-for-sharing-content-using-power-bi/

The data set is not changed, just copied. 

I believe the copies will be refreshed with new data, but you should test to confirm. 

Design changes you make you make to the original will not flow to the copy

if you remove access for the user to the original, the copy will be deleted. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hello!

Can anyone confirm this:

"I believe the copies will be refreshed with new data, but you should test to confirm." I'm unable to test this scenario at the moment.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors