Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy between workspaces?

How do you copy a report or dashboard from My Workspace to a group workspace?

8 REPLIES 8
mz180w
Advocate II
Advocate II

I realize that this is an older entry, but I'm adding this reply more as "self-therapy" than offering a solution.

What kind of a immature product doesn't provide this basic functionality of being able to save a report object to another folder (workspace)?  Seriously!!

How much dope were the designers hitting when they decided to pack it in for the weekend and not finish developing this type of basic and essential functionality.

jlurie

Possible workaround if not available: download the report from the original workspace to your computer then upload to each new workspace.  Better solution would be to create the report first with PowerBI Desktop then upload to each workspace as needed. 

and how are you going to download a published report to your desktop in the format which can be uplodaed again to a new workspace.

You can do this:

Select "My Dashboard"

Go to report and pin visualization

Select "Group Dashboard"

Go to report and pin visualization

Not a copy but...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like when you switch workspaces, it resets the selection of the dashboard, so pinning doesn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that the right way to do it is to make use of Content Packs.   The only difficulty I am having is getting it to work with Office 365 distribution lists, but I thought I saw another thread on that I can look into.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured that you can share to other sites via a Content Pack.  You can do it to and AD group if you include domain\group syntax.  Thanks for all the answers here. 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I haven't seen anything that would allow you to copy and paste visualizations between dashboards.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors