Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fcerullo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Copy Visual as Image link is not working

In the service, I can Copy Visual as an Image to my clipboard, and I can paste that Image to a Word docuemnt. It displays fine, with all the proper filter criteria and data.

However, when I ctrl+click the image in Word to reurn to PBI, it brings me to a login landing page instead of my Report.

This used to work for us, is there a problem with the  system?

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fcerullo ,

After copying to another application, when you click the link in the way you described, it will jump to the login page of PowerBI Service. This is a normal phenomenon and not a system problem. I did the same test and reproduced the same results as you.

copy to word

v-henryk-mstf_0-1617009954332.png

after do ctrl+click the image in Word, then jump to the login page

v-henryk-mstf_1-1617009973292.png

For detailed information about copy image, please refer to the official website document, hoping to deepen your understanding. Copy and paste a visualization in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Needs more details. Is this on shared capacity or premium?  Workspace or app?

The Report is in Premium capacity and is in an app

Hi @fcerullo ,

I don’t know what you mean, if the report is located in premium, the returned result is the same as the above test, there will be no other impact.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors