Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrew_796
Helper I
Helper I

Copy Visual Icon Not Appearing

I am not able to copy a visual from the App however the copy visual icon does appear in the dedicated workspace. Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I did a support ticket with Microsoft. There is a work arround, if you change to a report that doesn't have the copy visual button, you can refresh your browser and the button will appear afterwards. So you have to refresh the browser for it to work in the app.

The lady said she will escalate the issue because it didn't work in Chrome nor in Edge without refreshing.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous thank you for posting the reply for the support, but its pity that they have this simple option in the desktop app 😞

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Sorry, can you clarify. You see the icon to copy the visual but you cannot copy the visual, you get an error, ?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I am allowed to copy the visual in the Workspace, however in the App where the report is published the Copy Visual icon is not visible and therefore I cannot copy the visual. 

Hi @andrew_796 ,

Based on my test,we cannot copy visual directly in app. But we can copy the visual from the report after we copy report from app.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

@v-deddai1-msft - see image below taken from an App where the Copy Visual icon is visable. I can't find anything that's different between the 2 reports and 2 different Workspaces that would cause the Copy Visual icon to appear in one App but not another. 

CopyVisualApp.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue, in all of my reports in the workspace I see the copy visual icon but when I go in the app the icon only appear for 1 of the report. Shouldn't the app mirror the workspace?

@andrew_796 @Anonymous 

I tried to check the same with the report for the "Copy visual as image".

It is not working as expected and just pasted the text details about the visual.

Please create a support ticket to the team for the issue to investigate.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/quot-Copy-Visual-as-Image-quot-is-not-working/idi-p/1115588#M57149

Please find the above link for the issue and vote for the issue. If someone is face the issue with above feature, they wil aware that someone already posted and escalated to the team.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

BR

venal.

@venal - my problem is that the Copy Visual icon is not even visible within the App. The Copy Visual works perfectly for the same report in the Workspace but it disappeas in the App. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I did a support ticket with Microsoft. There is a work arround, if you change to a report that doesn't have the copy visual button, you can refresh your browser and the button will appear afterwards. So you have to refresh the browser for it to work in the app.

The lady said she will escalate the issue because it didn't work in Chrome nor in Edge without refreshing.

@Anonymous  - THANK YOU !!! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors