Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lucadelicio
Super User
Super User

Copied Report Migration "save as"

Hi everyone,

i need to do the migration of all report from a workspace to a different tenant.

But some report doesn't have the option to download it beacause they were created with the "save as" option.

Also with the power shell script it doesn't work and the download of this specific reports goes in error.

Someone has a solution?

Can you help me?

Thank you very much!

Luca D'Elicio
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lucadelicio ,

Cross-tenant transfer reports we can really consider using the download option, but again the copy reports do not support downloads. This is indeed a very bad situation. Probably the best thing to do for now is to move the ones that can be downloaded first, and recreate and publish the ones that don't support download to the workspace where the new tenant is located. And, you can suggest your ideas in the idea platform: Ideas (powerbi.com)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Best regards.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
selinaz
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @lucadelicio ,

I'm not sure I understand your meaning correctly. I'm wondering if by "save as" you mean save as a copy?

If so, I did tests and found that if your copy is saved in the same workspace as your source file, then it is downloadable, if it is in a different workspace, the download option is not available. So are you putting them in the same workspace?

Download a report from the Power BI service to Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Best regards.

It's a save as a copy in another workspace and the download option is not available.

Thank you all the same.

Luca D'Elicio

Hi @lucadelicio ,

Have you try to save as a copy in the same workspace? Can the download option available? 

Best regards.

Yes, i tried.
But unfortunately when you copy a report from report not available to the dowload the option to download it disappear.
I think there is no solution.
So bad.

Luca D'Elicio

Hi @lucadelicio ,

Cross-tenant transfer reports we can really consider using the download option, but again the copy reports do not support downloads. This is indeed a very bad situation. Probably the best thing to do for now is to move the ones that can be downloaded first, and recreate and publish the ones that don't support download to the workspace where the new tenant is located. And, you can suggest your ideas in the idea platform: Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best regards.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

There is no solution. You will have to recreate the report (and the dataset) manually.

I think the only option is to create a script that loop all the items in the report and copy it in the new one with the same options.
I'm looking for something like this.

Luca D'Elicio

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors