Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

piotr_gor
Helper II
Helper II

Cooworkers lost acces to raport I share with them

Hi there, 

I have a Pro licence of Power Bi, create dashboard and share them among our organization. Recently few people lost acces to raports. I quite don't get it why. According to link below  I can "Distribute content to users who have free licenses". Where's the problem?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-licensing-organization

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Premium license I would be able to share raports and free users would have accces to them without a problem. Am I right?

Correct, but only for Premium Capacity ~$5000. Premium-Per-User (PPU) is tied to a user, this will not allow you to share to free users.

You have 2 options:
1- Get premium capacity and share to free users
2- Get everybody Pro license at $12 each 

If you have small audience, 2  is more cost effective, if sharing is the only thing that you need

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You reports have to be on a workspace with Premium Capacity, to share to free users.

My guess is your users have been using Pro Trial license to view, and now that it has expired, they loss access to the reports.

Check if your workspace has Premium Capacity ( diamond icon),if not, you cannot share to free users.

Yeah. I guess you are right. I've noticed trials have ended. 

According to what I've read if I get Premium license I would be able to share raports and free users would have accces to them without a problem. Am I right? I mean to get just Premium licence for user for 20 USD without buying Premium for capacity for ~5000USD. At several different pages they say different things and I got confused.

Premium license I would be able to share raports and free users would have accces to them without a problem. Am I right?

Correct, but only for Premium Capacity ~$5000. Premium-Per-User (PPU) is tied to a user, this will not allow you to share to free users.

You have 2 options:
1- Get premium capacity and share to free users
2- Get everybody Pro license at $12 each 

If you have small audience, 2  is more cost effective, if sharing is the only thing that you need

Thanks. Everything's clear. It's just weird that on several pages they say different things.

Yeah, licensing combo can get abit confusing. Hope that helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors