Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BlueNote
Frequent Visitor

Converting Power Pivot Pivot Tables to a Power BI (Analyze in Excel) connection

Hi Everyone,

I want to point my Power Pivot based pivot tables to a Power BI (Analyze in Excel) connection string in order to reuse them and avoid having to duplicate the effort of recreating them again with the new connection.

I imported the Power Pivot model into Power BI using the desktop tool (File>Import >Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View) which went flawlessly. I fixed up the Power Query stuff a bit and then publised to the Service and made an App. I exported the Analyze in excel file from the App and it works great. I was able to move the Analyze in Execl worksheet over to my old Power Pivot Excel Workbook to bring the new connection in. I have some sheets that utilize cube functions and I can change the first argument to point to the new azure source string and they work. However I'd like to also point the Power Pivot model based Pivot tables (and slicers) if possible to the Power BI service connection string too. Not sure if this is even possible but cannot find anything on Google.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @BlueNote 

As far as I know you cannot point to the Power Pivot Model. All the data now sits within Power BI.

What you would have to do is to re-create those tables/visuals cube functions pointing to the data in the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors