Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Knud
Frequent Visitor

Control Power BI Pro licenses if selfservice sign up is enabled

At the moment we have an office 365 tenant within our company. For a small number of our people (50) we purchased Power BI Pro Licenses.

We want to control who gets the pro license. But because of the selfservice sign up everybody gets a license.

We can’t use the "Set-MsolCompanySettings -AllowEmailVerifiedUsers $false", because this is an AAD setting and selfservice sign up is necessary for other things (e.g. mail) .

Are there other possibility to control who gets the Power BI Pro licenses if selfservice sign up is enabled?

1 REPLY 1
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I can tell you that it is possible but I do not know the process. We have many free users but only a handful of pro users here at my company. The pro licenses are assigned by the same person who assigns our Micorsoft licenses. Here is a link I found:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-purchasing-power-bi-pro/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors