Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Content pack

Hello,

I heard content pack will be removed soon but I can't find any article about that. Is it true? Could you show me a référence?
What will happen to my already created content pack?

Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

ContentPack20171011.JPG

I also heard that annoncement at one of the weekly Power BI call for partners, on October 11. It was clearly stated that "Content Packs and read-only workspaces would disappear at EO CY17" (see slide 8 image from the slidedeck).

Sent a few messages to the person who did this annoncement (ajayan@microsoft.com), and to other Microsoft persons (Tamer Farag was one of them) but no answer yet.

We cannot find any other confirmation on Microsoft sites, and this becomes important to align our clients to the right direction and make changes to existing Content Packs and workspaces.

The only official sign is coming from web page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-organizational-content-pack-introduction which says "Have you heard about the new apps yet? Apps are the new way to distribute content to large audiences in Power BI. We recommend using apps instead of organizational content packs or read-only workspaces"

... Not crystal clear...

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Actually, I also not head the accurate deadline for content pack.
I think even if this feature not support, the original version will keep in publisher's workspace, other sharing version maybe be canceled and can't published/shared again.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

According to what I heard, it is end of year 2017. It is soon but there is no official announce about it ?

I think it is an important change in the way to use the Power BI Service: Content pack are replaced by the apps but the apps have less features than content pack. 

Even if the original content pack works, I guess I can't add new report in a content pack or I can't share new content using this method.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors