cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dbouskila New Member

Content not available for non power BI users in my organization through sharepoint

I would like to share reports with people in my organzation that do not have power BI. 

I got the SharePoint embed link from the export section of the report and uploaded it as webpart in SharePoint.

While I can see the report in sharepoint ( as well as my teamates that use power BI) , those who do not use Power BI get an iframe looking section that says that the content is not available. 

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Content not available for non power BI users in my organization through sharepoint

Hi @dbouskila 

Embedding a report in SharePoint Online doesn't automatically give users permission to view the report - you need to set view permissions in Power BI.

Please refer to below official document to set the permission: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-embed-report-spo#grant-access-to-reports

1. If they're pro users, you can add them to workspace and sharepoint as member.

2, If they're free user, you need embed a report within an app and share it directly with users

Note that: Users viewing a report in SharePoint need either a Power BI Pro license or the content needs to be in a workspace that's in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU).

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Content not available for non power BI users in my organization through sharepoint

Hi @dbouskila 

Embedding a report in SharePoint Online doesn't automatically give users permission to view the report - you need to set view permissions in Power BI.

Please refer to below official document to set the permission: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-embed-report-spo#grant-access-to-reports

1. If they're pro users, you can add them to workspace and sharepoint as member.

2, If they're free user, you need embed a report within an app and share it directly with users

Note that: Users viewing a report in SharePoint need either a Power BI Pro license or the content needs to be in a workspace that's in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU).

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 394 members 4,685 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: