Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jeppesal
Advocate II
Advocate II

Content Pack refresh changes target reports GUID

I have a customer setup where the super users are using and managing reports through content packs. The normal users are using the reports in a separate workspace (added with the content pack) and they access them through links from their intranet.

This is my best guess on a best practice for administrating selected content to a select group of users without maintaining separate reports.

I can see that whenever a super user makes changes to a current report and refreshes the content pack, the reports GUID in the normal user’s workspace changes and thereby breaking the links from the intranet 😞

Is this intended behavior and if so, how can I manage reports from a central place and keeping the GUIDs static?

Best regards

Jeppe S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Charlie,

Looks like the new Power BI Apps could solve the problem - I will investigate 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@jeppesal,

Based on my research, after you content pack refresh, ther report will generate a new GUID. And currently, there is no such a option for us to keep the GUID static.

In your scenario, can you share the dashboard to your users directly?

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your answer.

My problem is that it is reports (with multiple pages) I would to share and I can’t do that (for some reason?) Smiley Sad

This is such a great product but the whole collaboration part is confusing, immature and has huge gaps in the most basic scenarios.

Most scenarios have; developers (external or internal) to maintain the model and create more advanced reports, super user to create basic reports and keep track of who can see what etc. and normal user with simple reporting needs.

I hope you are working on fixing the sharing and collaboration part and change it to something simple, intuitive and effective.

Best regards

Jeppe S.

Hi Charlie,

Looks like the new Power BI Apps could solve the problem - I will investigate 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors