Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JohnMaunder

Contenk Pack not updating when published and new users cannot access Workspace

I have created a new content pack and added a new user and published but new user cannot see workspace when logging in to powerbi.

I have also tried adding a user to existing content pack and publishing and have noticed that publishing date is not updating.

Regards

John D Maunder

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JohnMaunder

Does the new user have a pro license and belong to your organization?

Does this problem only happen to one content pack or this new user?

Best Regards

Maggie

User has a pro license and in organisation.

I added user to new content pack and published, But user could not access data.

I then added user to another content pack and published again and they could still not access data.

When I published existing content pack the publishing date did not update.

John

@JohnMaunder Two things here. First, Content Packs will be deprecate - so building new solutions on them might not be the best approach. I would recommend looking at how to publish apps (essentially publish the objects you want them to see in the workspace). Second, the end user shouldn't see the workspace unless you are giving them permissions to see things within the workspace, which would mean you wouldn't need the content pack to share.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors