Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KellySun95
Frequent Visitor

Container exited unexpectedly - What does this error means?

Hi,

I have a dataset scheduled to refresh at 6 pm yesterday. But when I checked the status today, I saw this error message, which I have never seen it before. And at the same time, I got an email said the Data Refresh has been disabled.

Data source error: We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 8028. Used features: (none). Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 8028. Used features: (none). Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 8028. Used features: (none). Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 8028.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: e5f7ee55-cbf0-4fec-91f8-3d54f33bdf4f

Request ID: 124e1e7a-be38-4e38-961d-843b07bf3b86

Time: 2020-09-08 01:15:36Z

The dataset I'm working on is pretty large (around 10G). And the refresh is scheduled in a premium workspace. In the past, it got throttled several times during a scheduled refresh because of the memory issue on capacity. But I never got this message before. I checked the gateway setting; it's all good.

Please help me take a look at the error message, and I really appreciate all help!!

Thank you,

Kelly

2 REPLIES 2
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @KellySun95 ,

Check the similar thread below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/container-exited-unexpectedly-with-code-0x80131904-used-fea...

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Come on, you have to at least appreciate the dark humor (humour) in the error message. I think that's pretty nifty.

It's also nothing new - I vividly remember a similar period about two months ago where we all of a sudden got bombarded with these messages.  Most likely Microsoft have again messed around with the service without properly testing the changes.

Since you are on Premium, raise a ticket with Microsoft and ask them (nay, demand from them) to give you an explanation and an assurance that this will be fixed again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors