Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

damiang

Connection to VSO is failing

I was able to connect to VSO service pack for a few weeks, but now the service has stopped refreshing and I cannot make any connections to it.

Repro Steps

Select get Data

Select Services and select Visual Studio

I enter in my VSO server (company name)

I enter in the project I am trying to connect to

I get to a new page that says connect to Visual Studio Team Services - with authentication method oAuth2

I click sign in - I get the Authorize application screen (I verified that it is the correct account for my company)

Then I get the following error. (not I deleted some info)

I know I have access I can log into the projects in VSO and I was able to connect at some point in the past

Failed to update data source credentials: TF400813: The user 'Windows Live ID\--deleted-@Live.com' is not authorized to access this resource. Account: -deleted- Hide details
Activity ID: 8619ae17-d3cb-459b-86c1-73d90cb07f2d 
Request ID: 8f7c969d-900a-cd1c-017c-3cb2cf7b5eab 
Status code: 400 
Time: Fri May 06 2016 11:26:00 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) 
Version: 13.0.1100.517 
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net 
Details: TF400813: The user 'Windows Live ID\00030000D4F0F1F0@Live.com' is not authorized to access this resource. Account: -deleted-
2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The error message shows that the live id is deleted. So, please have a double check on it. 

In addition, you can also try re-typing the credential account information via clicking the Edit Credential hyperlink:

On Power BI Dashboard -> Dataset -> Schedule Refresh -> Data source credentials -> Edit credentials:

VSTS.png

Thanks - I tried to reenter my creditials that way but it did not work. 

The account I am using a corporate o365 account and i know that it is not deleted as I can log in to other things with it. Any other thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors