Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connection to Redshift after publish Power BI workbook

Hi all, 

I have dashboards/workbooks in Power BI Desktop which having Redshift as data source. The connection is working fine on Power BI Desktop. But when I publish it to the web server, the Redshift connction has lost, which asking me whether Redshift is accepting tcp/ip address on port 5439?(Find attached)

Any suggestions on how to solve this? Thank you.error.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

According to your error message and snapshot, I think this issue should related to redshift white list.

I'd like to suggest you to check your amazon redshift rules to allow power bi service and gateway request can connect to that datasource.

Microsoft Azure Datacenter IP Ranges

Creating and Configuring a Web Access Control List (Web ACL)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sheng,

If Redshift need to whitelist Power BI, it would need information like IP address to whitelist. However, when we publish Power BI workbook it means that we publish it to the cloud, which has no IP address. What information and how we can provide from Power BI for Redshift for the whitelisting?

Thank you,

Kar Ho

Hi @Anonymous,

I already share them above, you can download Microsoft Azure Datacenter IP Ranges file to review related data service ip range. But it seems quite large so you can't fully add them to your whitelist. Please choose related ip address which neasted to your datasource hosted.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft which sections from the lengthy Azure IP JSON files should be whitelisted.  In other words, do the connections come from the Storage IPs, the AzureCloud IPs, something else?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors