Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Johan
Advocate II
Advocate II

Connection to Google Big Query sometimes gives error. Not always

Hi,

Every now and then the scheduled refresh of a dataset using Google Big Query gives this error:

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Driver OAuth Support] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server Table:

Nothing has changed: user accounts, sql queries, table permissions, etc. It happens once out of 5 times, but not on a regular basis.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Johan

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Johan, I'm experiencing the exact same thing, but for me its more 60% fail and 40% success. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Right now I seem to have the most success sticking my queries in a dataflow and refreshing that. That seems to be more reliable. (Well desktop is 100% reliable, works every time, MUCH faster than online). But I don't like dataflows because of the extra setup it requires. Would love to get an actual solution or a hint at what could be causing this issue.

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Johan ,

Please reference the document to check if you hit the considerations and limitations. And please change the connect mode to Import to see if the same issue occurs. From the error message, it looks like the issue is related to BigQuery rest API. I would suggest you test the BigQuery rest API to ensure it's working fine on BigQuery side: https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/support

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors