Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bpn1973
Resolver II
Resolver II

Connection timed out when accessing BI

Hello!

Recently started experiencing problems with acces to our company's BI portal  

bpn1973_0-1614289464302.png

When trying to login with microsoft.powerbi.com  me and my colleagues are getting same connection timed out message. Clearing browser cache doesn't help.

bpn1973_1-1614289821282.png

I can login through login.microsoft.com and access all office apps and admin center etc. but when I try to acces PowerBI portal the result is the same - timed out connection or closed connection.  That happens only when I'm accessing PowerBI via company's internet proxy servers, although prior to the current week we had no problems at all. And out IT did not introduce any changes to the infrastructure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Turns out there are some problems with our provider. Please consider "case closed"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @bpn1973 

Could you ask your IT department to see if they disable the proxy if it works?

Also if you can make sure you are not using IE or the original version of edge browser which could be causing the issues?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ, I am using 64 bit Chrome ver 88.0.4324.182 (latest build).

Generally we use either Chrome or Mozilla based browsers. IE or Edge is not generally used.

IT Dept says that the proxy settings weren't modified in at least a couple of months. And as I said earlier we started experiencing this problem since Monday this week (not sure about Saturday and Sunday - 20th and 21st Feb respectively).

The problem persists only with PowerBI 

Like I said logging in to office or admin portal is no problem

Turns out there are some problems with our provider. Please consider "case closed"

Thanks for letting us know!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors