Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aah_enusa
Regular Visitor

Connection problem due to reaching maximum number of connections to Database (SQL)

In our company we have a ODBC Oracle database with connections limited to 18 for all users. We work with a bunch of different Power BI files uploaded to the cloud which are configurated to be update automatically (usually once per day). All these Power BI works are connected to the same database. Our problem is that when updating one of these files, the maximum number of connections is immediately reached just within the same Power BI file. This is rare because the connection should be just one and number of tables a no more than 4, being in some cases only one. We don't quite understand the reason Power BI is creating different new connections to the database in parallel in just one file.

2 REPLIES 2
aah_enusa
Regular Visitor

Hi @nitishsh91

Thank you so much for the quick and on point response. That option was indeed marked in all files, so I deactivated it, saved the files and uploaded them to the cloud.

I still need confirm with database guy but that the number of connections does not increase (will do tomorrow) but I updated 5 files at once at no error showed up. So I think you solved my problem.

Thanks a lot!!

nitishsh91
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @aah_enusa 

Check in your PBI if below feature is enabled or dsiabled and accoridngly change it and then see if it helps:

nitishsh91_0-1649094710213.png

Your dataset might be trying to refresh all tables in parallel reaching the connection threshold.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors