Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connection Error in Browser

I am getting  a Connection Error notification on my new laptop.
Connection error
Your connection has been lost. Please check your network connection settings. As soon as your connection is restored, you can continue using Power BI.
I am running my old laptop at the same time and do not see the same notification, so i would assume it is a setting in the new machine. Both are running windows 10 and I get the message in any browser I use. I have updated my Time and Time Zone settings as referenced a previous post here with no results. Does anyone have an answer?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous See this thread, is the timezone set correctly for your new machine?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Anonymous See this thread, is the timezone set correctly for your new machine?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is but it was incorrect initially. I saw it referenced in another post, made the change, and restarted the machine. Still the same result.

For UK users on Windows 10 OS there is an additional setting for Daylight Saving that must be set:

1) Go to Adjust date/time

2) Scroll to Related Settings and click Additional date, time and regional settings

3) Under "Date and Time" click "Change the time zone"

4) Select "Change the time zone" again

5) Check the box next to "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time"

This worked for me

Noa
Frequent Visitor

Thanks!

I'm facing the same issue on Windows 7

trying to do as written with no luck.

any idea?

I am also facing this issue even after changing the time zone settings. Please let me know how to solve this issue.

It worked for me! I changed the time z,one in my computer and in office 365 and It did not work at all! After that I change manually the hour in my computer and it just worked (i have not idea the reason)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors