Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dani_scarcella
Frequent Visitor

Connection Error SSAS Gateway

We made the dashboard in the Power Bi Desktop dynamically connecting to the server where the Analisys services model is hosted and it works ok. At the time of publishing the board, we add the source of the data in the Gateway (where it says it connects correctly) and link it to the board's data set. When we want to see the board in the cloud it throws:

errorpbi.png

As I saw on the Analysis Services server the connection arrives, but throw an error without detail:

We have two different boards one with my user and one with one of services to see if that was the problem, but it throws the same error for both cases.
From what I saw the domain reaches the server ok, but we cannot find the cause of the error.

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@dani_scarcella 

Error when connecting SSAS can be caused by many reasons. You can troubleshoot with following dirctions:

1. The effective username, the email address must match a defined user principal name (UPN). Check this document for detail: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas 
2. check your AS crendential and roles in the model.

3. Check where the port is blocked 

Best,
Paul

Hi,

1) The email address matches the user principal name (UPN). They are the same.

2) The roles are ok.

3) How i check this?

The error si:

erroras.png

@dani_scarcella 
1. Your users names must be the same format: Domain\username
2. Are you the admin of the instance
3. Are you using Cube or Tabular, and you can check detail with port in this doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/instances/configure-the-windows-firewall-to-allow... 

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors