Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tkcampbell

Connection Error - Power BI

I keep getting a message saying "Connection has been lost. Please check your network settings. As soon as your connection is restored, you can continue to use Power BI." whenever I try to load Power BI. My network settings are fine, when I access Power BI from my phone's browser I don't have this issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this? What can be done to resolve it?

17 REPLIES 17
Ling99

1A4B4775-E832-4C28-BBB2-B1A16CE85713.jpeg

Can anyone please help me. It Happens when I try to sign in, since it's not the internet problem I have checked it for several time already. 

Can anyone please help me. It Happens when I try to sign in, since it's not the internet problem I have checked it for several time already.

nswitzer
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for this help.

Timezone alone didn't work on Mac. We had to click on Date & Time and click set automatically. 

2018-03-26_16-10-21.jpg

Here's how it looked in Firefox.firefox error.jpg

ecalderon
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue, 

For UK users on Windows 10 OS there is an additional setting for Daylight Saving that must be set:

1) Go to Adjust date/time
2) Scroll to Related Settings and click Additional date, time and regional settings
3) Under "Date and Time" click "Change the time zone"
4) Select "Change the time zone" again
5) Check the box next to "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time"

This worked for me

For UK users on Windows 10 OS there is a secondary setting for Daylight saving that must be set:

1. Go to Adjust Date/Time
  2. Scroll To Related settings and Click "Addition date, time & regional settings"
  3. Select "Change the time zone"
  4. Select "Change the time zone" again
  5. Check the box "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time"

This fixed it for me.

EdEvetts
Helper II
Helper II

Hi 

I am also getting this error, but only on one computer, it is not happening on phone or other computers. It only started happenign a week ago and the power BI site sometimes actually loads but then this error appears after a second. 

Connection error
Your connection has been lost. Please check your network connection settings. As soon as your connection is restored, you can continue using Power BI.

Did anyone find out why it happens and how to fix it? 

thanks Ed

Wow thats fixed it, just had to set my time and time zone to automatic thanks ChrisMc

Fareed

Please I am also having the same issue of connection error when I login into the Power BI site. The same message i am receiving. I dont receive the message when I login through my phone. I have tried both internet explorer and google chrome to no avail. I am using the free account. I am new to Power BI and I need to assess it for our clients acceptance. Please help?

I don't receive an error message but simply cannot see any data - nothing comes up in the browser (I'm a Power BI Pro user). I've tried reports in both my personal workspace and O365 group workspaces. The busy indicators on each of the tiles just keep spinning.

ChrisMc
Advocate I
Advocate I

Has anyone ever gotten a soultion to this answer??

I am having the same problem. Nothing wrong with my connection for any other site apart from PowerBi. Have tried multiple internets apps (firefox, chrome,ie). And no problem signing in on another computer. 

this is resolved, the timezone on my computer was incorrect and when set back properly - this error disappeared. 

I am also getting the same connection error.Which timezone needs to be set?

I am also getting the same connection error.Which timezone needs to be set?

As I have changed the timezone still getting the same error?

This issue is resolved for me now. My computer time was set at an incorrect time zone and when changed it works with no problem. 

Julowsky

I am also having this issue. 

(All 3 completley different Office 365 Plans, all receive the same error)

goren
Regular Visitor

HI, i am getting the same massage. cant access power bi since i tried to uninstall the personal gateway.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I am not seeing this issue personally at the moment although it seemed like the community site was having issues this morning (since resolved) so not sure if perhaps that extended to the Service as well, I wasn't on the Service this morning until just now.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors