Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hikmer
Employee
Employee

Connecting to Sage MAS 90/100 with PowerBI Gateway?

Anyone know if there is a way to connect PowerBI Desktop or Gateway to Sage MAS systems without using a clumsy OneDrive approach? 

5 REPLIES 5
doofy2023

Yes i have a script that will update mas90 from odbc to wsql , as well as ssis packages to seed the first round of data , then from there gateway to powerbi

s-roberts
Helper I
Helper I

Did you resolve this? We are having issues connecting PBI to Sage 100 cloud. The local Odbc connection works on the desktop but when published to the service (using gateway) it's not working.

EMAIL ME @mdorfman@galaxyee.com , i have scripts to to seed data into sql and then do a import every 5 mins 

then easy jump from sql to power bi 

@Hikmer Have you looked into building your own custom connector? info

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

No, that is far too much work. However, we had success setting up an ODBC connection with the personal gateway, so I expect this to work with the enterprise gateway as well. Still testing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors