Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wesdev
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to Databricks - Scheduled Refresh

I'm connecting to databricks with a token over HTTP and can refresh manually (import not direct query)  in PBIDesktop no problem. If i publish the report and dataset the scheduled refresh is greyed out!

I'm on a PBI premium service (p3) and need my dataset refreshing the tables from Databricks.

I've inheirited the dashboard and apprently this did work.

I'm sure this is a bug of the PBI service which has been a bit flakey over the last few weeks.

4 REPLIES 4
Dilip_Menon

I am in the same situation. I can connect and refresh data from databricks from PowerBI , but unable to schedule refresh. Three auth methods are available, basic, key and Oauth2, but  none of them works.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wesdev,

Did you edit the credential under "Data Source Credentials" tab?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The credentials is greyed out.

I am trying to import over HTTP with the generated token from databricks (AWS).

Can anyone else actually set a schedule?

Was this ever solved?  
I am also able to connect to AWS Databricks in Power BI Desktop, but have not been able to get Services Scheduled Refresh up and running. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors