Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting to AzureDevOps - OAuth (New Gateway)

Morning, 

Woke up to see the Gateway has now changed and introduced some new QoL fixes which is great, but now my OAuth connections won't authenticate when they would yesterday. Does anyone have a similar issue/is there a fix I'm missing? 

Also, do we now have to refresh each connection individually to see the status? Seems like an oversight if so. 

TIA

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-kkf-msft 

I'm not sure if it was just a transient issue. 

I tried to delete and recreate the connection and it wouldn't create it and kept stating 'This operation is not supported for a relative URI.' I had checked the refresh locally and double checked my permissions etc and everything seemed to be fine. In the end the solution was to uncheck the validate credentials option when creating the connection - after that it completed connection creation and I could use the same credentials I was trying to use before to refresh my model through the Gateway. 

Weird one!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Not sure about your issue. Are you unable to use the OAuth authentication method? Are there any error messages reported when configuring the credentials? 

As far as I know, if you are using the Azure DevOps Data connector, then you don't need a on-premises data gateway.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-kkf-msft 

I'm not sure if it was just a transient issue. 

I tried to delete and recreate the connection and it wouldn't create it and kept stating 'This operation is not supported for a relative URI.' I had checked the refresh locally and double checked my permissions etc and everything seemed to be fine. In the end the solution was to uncheck the validate credentials option when creating the connection - after that it completed connection creation and I could use the same credentials I was trying to use before to refresh my model through the Gateway. 

Weird one!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors