Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JacksonAndrew
Frequent Visitor

Connecting Snowflake to Dataflow

Hi,

Is there a way to connect Snowflake to Dataflow? The only option I found was Blank Query. But got an error:-

• The data source kind= "Snowflake" is unspported

Regards,

Jackson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JacksonAndrew ,

Sorry for that, but based on thisocument,  it seems there is no direct connector for Snowflake in dafaflow  based on this document :

The following list shows which connectors you can currently use by copying and pasting the M query into a blank query:

• Azure analysis Services
  • Adobe Analytics
  • ODBC
  • OLE DB
  • Folder
  • SharePoint Online folder
  • SharePoint folder
  • Hadoop HDFS
  • Azure HDInsight (HDFS)
  • Hadoop file HDFS
  • Informix (beta)

Have you tried to use the ocbc connector to get data from snowflake in dataflow?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anmolgan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@JacksonAndrew  you cannot directly connect to snowflake datsets, as there is no direct connectors available.

You can try installing ODBC connector and try ODBC connector to connect to the Snowflake datawarehouse, use below link form more information https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-snowflake

Hi @Anmolgan , I am able to connect to snowflake without any problem in the desktop. Even when it is published to service, it works. My question was for Dataflow.

@JacksonAndrew Apologies, I misunderstood that incorrectly.

Hi @JacksonAndrew ,

Sorry for that, but based on thisocument,  it seems there is no direct connector for Snowflake in dafaflow  based on this document :

The following list shows which connectors you can currently use by copying and pasting the M query into a blank query:

• Azure analysis Services
  • Adobe Analytics
  • ODBC
  • OLE DB
  • Folder
  • SharePoint Online folder
  • SharePoint folder
  • Hadoop HDFS
  • Azure HDInsight (HDFS)
  • Hadoop file HDFS
  • Informix (beta)

Have you tried to use the ocbc connector to get data from snowflake in dataflow?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lid-msft ,thanks for the suggestion. I'll try the ODBC and come back.

@v-lid-msft , ODBC works like a charm... thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JacksonAndrew ,
Same situation here. Can you pls share how did you use ODBC for snowflake  in power bi service for dataflow

When we are using blank query, and getting weird error - "The field 'OdbcErrors' of the record wasn't found".
With the latest connectivity update between pbi -snowflake, we didnt need any driver installation while connecting from desktop to snowflake.
Please help and thansk in advance.

@Anonymous - use by copying and pasting the M query into a blank query

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors